Friday, April 8, 2011

Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce

At the first of the year, when my New Year's resolution to lose weight was still at the forfront of my mind, I went on a quest to find lowfat recipes that I would love and that my family would enjoy as well.  This pork chop recipe was one of the first finds and has become a regular on our table regardless of whether or not I am keep my resolution and eating fewer calories.

I love four things about this dish:
  1. It is easy to make, I mean simple people!
  2. I always have everything on hand to make it, and if I don't it is easy to make substitutions.
  3. It is inexpensive to make.
  4. It is delicious!
So, when you have a busy night and want something delicious to make for dinner try this one.  It can be done with chicken, pork or beef with tasty results.  Enjoy!

I am linking up this recipe.  Go check out the other recipes bloggers are posting!
Permanent Posies

Tasty Tuesdays




Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce
Recipe Source: Gina's Skinny Recipes

**Substitue any variety of herbs to change up the flavors.  I have used both chicken and beef broth with great success as well. **

1tbsp. olive oil
4 pork chops (22 oz with bone, fat removed), 1 inch thick, trim all visible fat
1/2 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper
3 tbsp chopped onion
3/4 cup fat free chicken stock
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp chopped, fresh herbs like parsley, chives, tarragon

In a large frying pan heat the butter over moderately low heat. Season pork with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium and add the chops to the pan and sauté for 7 minutes. Turn and cook until chops are browned and done to medium, about 7-8 minutes longer. Remove the chops and put in a warm spot.

Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the stock and boil until it reduces to 1/2 cup, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mustard, herbs, and 1/8 tsp pepper. Put the chops on a platter and pour the sauce over the meat.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds lovely - I adore the combination of Dijon mustard and herbs and how nice to have a sauce that is delicious and good for you! Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were able to post between your busy schedule!!

    ReplyDelete